ANOTHER week, another set of quality AFL tips from our resident footy tipster.
It was another tough weekend for tipsters, with a series of upsets causing havoc for multis around the country, but in our four match previews we were able to find some rolled gold for punters.
Things started out well in a huge Sydney win at Geelong and finished even better when the Eagles outlasted the Dockers in the first Western derby at Optus Stadium.
You want some value for money? How does 19 correct tips over four matches sound?
Let’s look at how it unfolded.
Geelong vs. Sydney correct tips
Not many gave the Swans a chance to win in Geelong without superstars Lance Franklin and Daniel Hannebery, but that’s exactly what they did with a seven-goal final term blitz, sealing an emphatic victory that got their premiership assault back on track, 12.14 (86) to 10.9 (69).
- We tipped that no player would get near the 40-disposal figure and kick five goals and both multi-fillers delivered.
- Our player specials were spot on too. We told you to back Jake Lloyd to get over 25 touches ($1.45) and Sam Menegola to lay at least six tackles ($2) and both men came up trumps.
- Finally, we tipped a close one and the game delivered. We tipped either team to win by less than 24.5 at $1.90 and Sydney to cover the 17.5 line at $1.92. The Swans 17-point win capped off a very profitable game.
North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide winning bets
While most of the footy world thought North Melbourne was a chance against Port Adelaide, we thought the Power would get back on track and they did exactly that on Saturday, beating the Roos, 15.12 (102) to 10.9 (69).
- We tipped Port to stay under 110.5 and they stayed under the cap, paying $1.33.
- Our player specials were on the mark again. We had Robbie Gray to kick a goal at $1.20 and Jed Anderson to kick a goal at $1.85 and both players delivered with a major.
- We thought the game would be closer than the 33-point margin, but still nailed the winning margin at under 39.5 at $1.30 and the Power to win delivered a handy $1.53.
Collingwood vs. Richmond winning tips
The match billed as the contest of the round lived up to the hype as for three and a half quarters, the surging Magpies took it up to the ladder-leading Tigers.
- Collingwood ran out of legs after a four-day break after ANZAC Day, going down 16.17 (113) to 10.10 (70).
- The match threw up some curve balls that threw all punters. We were only able to nail the total score over 160 at $1.52 and Richmond to win, paying $1.49.
Fremantle vs. West Coast winning bets
After a week of bizarre, unnecessary drama centred around the game’s individual medal, the Eagles and Dockers finally got down to the business of playing and it was the Eagles that delivered the goods.
- West Coast overcame an early Fremantle onslaught to continue its bright start to the season, winning 13.11 (89) to 12.9 (81).
- We tipped Fremantle over 11.5 goals ($1.72) and West Coast over 12.5 goals ($1.74) and we got over the line by the skin of our teeth.
- The Eagles were both the first to five behinds ($1.72) and 50 points ($1.62).
- And finally, the Eagles capped off a solid round for us, winning at $1.70 and covering the 6.5-point line at $1.92.
Tigers start 2019 as AFL flag favourites after West Coast triumph
2018 AFL Grand Final same game multi tips – West Coast vs....
2018 AFL Grand Final goal scoring guide – value odds & free...
2018 Norm Smith Medal tips, value odds and best AFL Grand Final...
Best team bets and smokeys for the 2018 Brownlow Medal
Max Gawn AFL prelim final goal-scoring odds – West Coast vs. Melbourne
Jordan de Goey goal-scoring tips – Tigers vs. Magpies prelim odds
2018 AFL premiership race down to four as Victorian giants face off