The Fremantle Dockers are still searching for their first piece of AFL silverware.
Excluding the two newest franchises, GWS and Gold Coast, Fremantle is the only club in the AFL to not have won an AFL premiership. The Dockers played in their first grand final in 2013 after entering the competition in 1995 but lost to Hawthorn.
After a period of playing in finals and competing for the ultimate earlier in the decade, master coach Ross Lyon has been forced to rebuild this Dockers side around its captain and best player, Nathan Fyfe.
Can Fyfe lead Freo back to finals football in 2019? Let’s take a look at the latest footy odds for the year ahead.
About the Fremantle Dockers
|Home ground:||Optus Stadium|
|2018 ladder finish:||14th|
Best bookmakers to bet on the Fremantle Dockers
||Bet Now Read Review|
Updated Fremantle Dockers futures betting
|2019 Premiership||Make Finals||Make Top 4||Brownlow Odds||Rising Star Odds||Coleman Odds|
|Jan||$67||$4.50||$15||N Fyfe $8||–||–|
|Feb||$51||$3.75||$14||N Fyfe $6||S Giro $51||J Hogan $18|
Best Fremantle Dockers bets for the 2019 AFL season
Where are the best Fremantle bets in the AFL futures markets for 2019?
Click on the tabs below to get more analysis on these markets:
- Fremantle will not win the 2019 AFL premiership. It just won’t happen. Yes, the Dockers have a respected coach in Ross Lyon, a bona fide superstar in Nat Fyfe and a big recruit in Jesse Hogan, but this list is simply not built for September. This is another year for developing the youngsters that showed a bit last season.
- A lot has to go right for the Dockers to push for a finals spot. If Fyfe is out of the team for any stretch of time, they are no chance of making an appearance in September. There are far better options – Essendon, Adelaide, etc – among those looking to break into the eight this season.
- Nat Fyfe is a perpetual contender in the Bronwlow Medal betting. The midfielder polled 16 votes last year despite playing only 15 games in a team that finished 14th on the ladder. If he maintains that kind of strike rate over 20-odd games, Fyfe will have a red-hot chance of winning the Charlie for the second time in his career.
- Freo have had a few contenders in the Rising Star betting in recent years, but those players are no longer eligible. Stefan Giro showed some promise in his handful of games last season and looks the best bet among the next generation of Dockers.
- At long last, Fremantle have a something resembling a realistic chance in the Coleman Medal betting. Jesse Hogan copped plenty of grief from Demons fans in his last season at Melbourne, yet he finished the year with 47 goals despite playing a more advanced role for much of the campaign. If nothing else, he will top Freo’s goalkicking this year.
Fremantle Dockers 2019 AFL fixture
|1||North Melbourne Kangaroos||Optus Stadium||Sunday, March 24||3:20pm AWST|
|2||Gold Coast Suns||Metricon Stadium||Sunday, March 31||3:40pm AEST|
|3||St Kilda Saints||Optus Stadium||Sunday, April 7||3:20pm AWST|
|4||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Saturday, April 13||6:10pm AWST|
|5||GWS Giants||UNSW Canberra||Saturday, April 20||1:45pm AEST|
|6||Western Bulldogs||Optus Stadium||Saturday, April 27||6:10pm AWST|
|7||Adelaide Crows||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, May 5||4:10pm ACST|
|8||Richmond Tigers||Optus Stadium||Sunday, May 12||3:20pm AWST|
|9||Essendon Bombers||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, May 18||7:25pm AEST|
|10||Brisbane Lions||Optus Stadium||Sunday, May 26||3:20pm AWST|
|11||Collingwood Magpies||MCG||Saturday, June 1||1:45pm AEST|
|13||Port Adelaide Power||Optus Stadium||Saturday, June 15||2:35pm AWST|
|14||Melbourne Demons||MCG||Saturday, June 22||1:45pm AEST|
|15||Carlton Blues||Optus Stadium||Sunday, June 30||3:20pm AWST|
|16||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Saturday, July 6||6:10pm AWST|
|17||Hawthorn Hawks||UTAS Stadium||Saturday, July 13||2:10pm AEST|
|18||Sydney Swans||Optus Stadium||Saturday, July 20||6:10pm AWST|
|19||Western Bulldogs||Marvel Stadium||Sunday, July 28||1:10pm AEST|
|20||Geelong Cats||Optus Stadium||Saturday, August 3||2:35pm AWST|
|21||St Kilda Saints||Marvel Stadium||Sunday, August 11||1:10pm AEST|
|22||Essendon Bombers||Optus Stadium||Saturday, August 17||6:10pm AWST|
|23||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||TBA||TBA|
Fremantle Dockers 2018 playing list
Fremantle Dockers records
Most matches: Matthew Pavlich – 353 (2000-2016)
Most goals kicked in one match: Tony Modra – 10 goals (Rd 10, 1999)
Most Best & Fairest awards: Matthew Pavlich – 6 (2002, 2005-08, 2011)
Most matches as coach: Ross Lyon – 141 (2012-present)
Most goals in a season: Matthew Pavlich – 72 (2007)
Most career goals: Matthew Pavlich – 700 (2000-2016)
Latest AFL news
Hawks drift in flag betting following Mitchell’s season-ending injury
HAWTHORN’S premiership chances have taken a nose dive in the eyes of
Brisbane Lions veteran Mitch Robinson signs with eSports franchise
Mitch Robinson created Australian sporting history this week, becoming the first active AFL player to sign on with an eSports franchise.
Should AFL & NRL multi winner get his pay-out from the TAB?
By now, you may have already read about it. A young Victorian punter, at the ripe old age of 20, has nailed a stunning multi...
Tigers start 2019 as AFL flag favourites after West Coast triumph
RICHMOND will begin the 2019 AFL season as the $5 favourite to win the premiership after securing the signature of superstar free agent Tom Lynch....
2018 AFL Grand Final same game multi tips – West Coast vs. Collingwood
Final Ladder Position: West Coast Eagles: 2nd Collingwood Magpies: 3rd Form Guide: West Coast Eagles: WLWWW Collingwood Magpies: WWLWW Last Match Result: West Coast Eagles:...