The Fremantle Dockers are still searching for their first piece of AFL silverware.
Excluding the two newest franchises, GWS and Gold Coast, Fremantle is the only club in the AFL to not have won an AFL Grand Final. The Dockers played in their first decider in 2013 after entering the competition in 1995 but lost to Hawthorn.
Although the Dockers boast a two-time Brownlow Medal winner in Nathan Fyfe, a lack of team success saw Justin Longmuir replace Ross Lyon as head coach at the end of the 2019 season.
Can Longmuir and Fyfe lead Freo back to finals football in 2020? Let’s take a look at the latest footy odds for the year ahead.
About the Fremantle Dockers
|Home ground:||Optus Stadium|
|2019 ladder finish:||13th|
Best bookmakers to bet on the Fremantle Dockers
This is my table
#1 in the USA
50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Review
Claim a 50% deposit bonus up to the value of USD $250
Visit Bovada Bovada Review
Updated Fremantle Dockers futures betting
|2020 Premiership||Make Finals||Make Top 4||Brownlow Odds||Rising Star Odds||Coleman Odds|
|Jan||$41||$5||$15||N Fyfe $6||C Serong $11||J Hogan $26|
|Feb||$41||$5||$15||N Fyfe $6||C Serong $11||J Hogan $26|
|Mar||$41||$5||$19||N Fyfe $7||C Serong $13||J Hogan $26|
Best Fremantle Dockers bets for the 2020 AFL season
Where are the best Fremantle bets in the AFL futures markets for 2020?
Click on the tabs below to get more analysis on these markets:
- Fremantle will not win the 2020 AFL premiership. As he did at St Kilda, Ross Lyon has left his successor with an ordinary, imbalanced list that will take years to fix. All Freo fans can hope for in 2020 is a more positive brand of football under Longmuir.
- A lot has to go right for the Dockers to push for a finals spot. If Nat Fyfe is out of the team for any stretch of time, they are no chance of making an appearance in September. There are far better options – Hawthorn, Melbourne, even Carlton – among those looking to break into the eight this season.
- Nat Fyfe won the Bronwlow Medal betting in 2019 and will start this season among the favourites once again. It does not matter how well or how poorly Freo perform – if Fyfe plays most games and avoids suspension, he will be right up there.
- Freo have several decent chances in the Rising Star betting in 2020. Caleb Serong is one of the top few contenders to win it, while Hayden Young and Luke Valente could also snag a nomination.
- Jesse Hogan’s first season at Freo was one to forget, but there is no denying what he can do when off-field issues aren’t dragging him down. If he plays anything like a full season, the former Demon should finish among the the top 10 in the Coleman Medal race.
Fremantle Dockers 2020 AFL fixture
|1||Essendon Bombers||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, March 21||10:45am|
|2||Hawthorn Hawks||Optus Stadium||Sunday, March 29||3:20pm|
|3||Melbourne Demons||Melbourne Cricket Ground||Sunday, April 5||11:10am|
|4||Gold Coast Suns||Optus Stadium||Saturday, April 11||2:35pm|
|5||North Melbourne Kangaroos||Blundstone Arena||Sunday, April 19||11:10am|
|6||Geelong Cats||Optus Stadium||Sunday, April 16||5:50pm|
|7||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Sunday, May 3||3:20pm|
|8||Adelaide Crows||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, May 9||11:45am|
|9||Western Bulldogs||Optus Stadium||Sunday, May 17||3:20pm|
|10||St Kilda Saints||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, May 23||11:45am|
|11||Brisbane Lions||MCG||Saturday, May 30||5:10pm|
|12||Sydney Swans||Sydney Cricket Ground||Saturday, June 6||11:45am|
|14||Carlton Blues||Optus Stadium||Saturday, June 20||2:35pm|
|15||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, June 28||2:40pm|
|16||Melbourne Demons||Optus Stadium||Sunday, July 5||3:20pm|
|17||Western Bulldogs||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, July 11||7:25pm|
|18||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Saturday, July 18||8:10pm|
|19||Collingwood Magpies||Optus Stadium||Sunday, July 26||3:20pm|
|20||Gold Coast Suns||Metricon Stadium||Sunday, August 2||2:40pm|
|21||St Kilda Saints||Optus Stadium||Saturday, August 8||6:10pm|
|22||GWS Giants||Giants Stadium||Saturday, August 15||2:35pm|
|23||Richmond Tigers||Optus Stadium||TBA||TBA|
Dockers players to watch in 2020
Have the Dockers spent millions on a spud? Everything went wrong for Hogan in his first season at Freo, but the former Demon is a top-drawer talent who can do big things up forward when he is focused on his footy.
Like Hogan, Lobb failed to meet the hype in his first campaign in purple. Now 26 years old, the former Giant should be entering his prime years as a forward-ruck. The talent is there, but is the belief?
As part of the trade that got Brad Hill to St Kilda, Acres is the most interesting of Freo’s new recruits. The Perth native showed glimpses of star quality in his six seasons at the Saints, but can he take the next step?
Fremantle Dockers records
Most matches: Matthew Pavlich – 353 (2000-2016)
Most goals kicked in one match: Tony Modra – 10 goals (Rd 10, 1999)
Most Best & Fairest awards: Matthew Pavlich – 6 (2002, 2005-08, 2011)
Most matches as coach: Ross Lyon – 141 (2012-present)
Most goals in a season: Matthew Pavlich – 72 (2007)
Most career goals: Matthew Pavlich – 700 (2000-2016)
Latest AFL news
BetEasy hit with $1.2m lawsuit over mega multi win
Renee Bell claims BetEasy refused to pay the full amount of a monster multi she landed in May 2018.
Week on the Punt: Racing continues as AFL enters survival mode
The Championships will go ahead as planned, while the IOC has confirmed dates for Tokyo 2021.
Week of the Punt: Sporting world shuts down for COVID-19
Footy is gone and now the racing industry is under threat from the coronavirus pandemic.
Hawthorn vs Brisbane Lions AFL Round 1 betting tips
Can Chris Fagan's Lions take down Alastair Clarkson's Hawks at the MCG this Sunday?
Week on the Punt: AFL & NRL to proceed despite coronavirus
The coronavirus outbreak is wreaking havoc worldwide, but Aussie footy will go ahead this weekend.