The Fremantle Dockers are still searching for their first piece of AFL silverware.
Excluding the two newest franchises, GWS and Gold Coast, Fremantle is the only club in the AFL to not have won an AFL premiership. The Dockers played in their first grand final in 2013 after entering the competition in 1995 but lost to Hawthorn.
After a period of playing in finals and competing for the ultimate earlier in the decade, master coach Ross Lyon has been forced to rebuild this Dockers side around its captain and best player, Nathan Fyfe.
Can Fyfe lead Freo back to finals football in 2019? Let’s take a look at the latest footy odds for the year ahead.
About the Fremantle Dockers
|Home ground:||Optus Stadium|
|2018 ladder finish:||14th|
Best bookmakers to bet on the Fremantle Dockers
|#1||$500 winnings boost||
||Bet Now Read Review|
Updated Fremantle Dockers futures betting
|2019 Premiership||Make Finals||Make Top 4||Brownlow Odds||Rising Star Odds||Coleman Odds|
|Jan||$67||$4.50||$15||N Fyfe $8|
Best Fremantle Dockers bets for the 2018 AFL season
Where are the best Fremantle bets in the AFL futures markets for 2018?
Click on the tabs below to get more analysis on these markets:
- Fremantle is not going to win the 2018 AFL premiership. They’re just not. Yes, the Dockers have one of the best coaches in the business in Ross Lyon running the show and Nat Fyfe is fit and firing – but this list is simply not built for September. The Dockers topped up on young talent at the end of 2017 and we expect 2018 to be a rebuilding season for them. $51 at Sportsbet just isn’t enough to get a bite from us.
- If absolutely everything goes right for Freo – the veterans find a step, the youngsters come on quickly and they turn their new home ground at Optus Stadium into a fortress, yes, finals is a possibility. But, given the age profile of their list and some of the key injuries already inflicted on the group, it looks unlikely. The $4 on offer at Sportsbet is not enough to make us bite here, but if you’re backing the Dockers in, it’s a great multi filler.
- Fremantle has one of the very best betting options in the 2018 Brownlow Medal race running around for them in Nat Fyfe. Fyfe, who won the medal in 2015 before succumbing to a horrible broken leg, is back 100 per cent fit and well-priced in this market at $8. Fyfe struggled at times last year in his comeback from major surgery, but is said to be at his physical peak again and ready to dominate the competition. In a hot Brownlow field, Fyfe has the ability to make huge headlines in a Fremantle team in which he’ll certainly stand out in. Jump on early before he starts dominating the early rounds.
- In the 25-year history of the AFL’s Rising Star award a ruckman has never won. That could change with Sean Darcy. Darcy took the reigns last season when Fremantle veteran Aaron Sandilands went down injured and impressed in his eight games, averaging 38 hit outs per game. While his opportunities may be limited if Sandilands has a big year, if Darcy gets his opportunities he’s certainly one to keep an eye on, especially at $9.
- Fremantle don’t have a strong candidate in Coleman Medal betting. Yes, Cam McCarthy is an excellent forward who will get the bulk of the Dockers’ forward entries sent in his direction, but Fremantle don’t score enough and have never had a system that has unearthed big goal tallies. Steer away here.
Fremantle Dockers 2019 AFL fixture
|1||North Melbourne Kangaroos||Optus Stadium||Sunday, March 24||3:20pm AWST|
|2||Gold Coast Suns||Metricon Stadium||Sunday, March 31||3:40pm AEST|
|3||St Kilda Saints||Optus Stadium||Sunday, April 7||3:20pm AWST|
|4||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Saturday, April 13||6:10pm AWST|
|5||GWS Giants||UNSW Canberra||Saturday, April 20||1:45pm AEST|
|6||Western Bulldogs||Optus Stadium||Saturday, April 27||6:10pm AWST|
|7||Adelaide Crows||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, May 5||4:10pm ACST|
|8||Richmond Tigers||Optus Stadium||Sunday, May 12||3:20pm AWST|
|9||Essendon Bombers||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, May 18||7:25pm AEST|
|10||Brisbane Lions||Optus Stadium||Sunday, May 26||3:20pm AWST|
|11||Collingwood Magpies||MCG||Saturday, June 1||1:45pm AEST|
|13||Port Adelaide Power||Optus Stadium||Saturday, June 15||2:35pm AWST|
|14||Melbourne Demons||MCG||Saturday, June 22||1:45pm AEST|
|15||Carlton Blues||Optus Stadium||Sunday, June 30||3:20pm AWST|
|16||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Saturday, July 6||6:10pm AWST|
|17||Hawthorn Hawks||UTAS Stadium||Saturday, July 13||2:10pm AEST|
|18||Sydney Swans||Optus Stadium||Saturday, July 20||6:10pm AWST|
|19||Western Bulldogs||Marvel Stadium||Sunday, July 28||1:10pm AEST|
|20||Geelong Cats||Optus Stadium||Saturday, August 3||2:35pm AWST|
|21||St Kilda Saints||Marvel Stadium||Sunday, August 11||1:10pm AEST|
|22||Essendon Bombers||Optus Stadium||Saturday, August 17||6:10pm AWST|
|23||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||TBA||TBA|
Fremantle Dockers 2018 playing list
Fremantle Dockers records
Most matches: Matthew Pavlich – 353 (2000-2016)
Most goals kicked in one match: Tony Modra – 10 goals (Rd 10, 1999)
Most Best & Fairest awards: Matthew Pavlich – 6 (2002, 2005-08, 2011)
Most matches as coach: Ross Lyon – 141 (2012-present)
Most goals in a season: Matthew Pavlich – 72 (2007)
Most career goals: Matthew Pavlich – 700 (2000-2016)
Latest AFL news
Brisbane Lions veteran Mitch Robinson signs with eSports franchise
Mitch Robinson created Australian sporting history this week, becoming the first active AFL player to sign on with an eSports franchise.
Should AFL & NRL multi winner get his pay-out from the TAB?
By now, you may have already read about it. A young Victorian punter, at the ripe old age of 20, has nailed a stunning multi...
Tigers start 2019 as AFL flag favourites after West Coast triumph
RICHMOND will begin the 2019 AFL season as the $5 favourite to win the premiership after securing the signature of superstar free agent Tom Lynch....
2018 AFL Grand Final same game multi tips – West Coast vs. Collingwood
Final Ladder Position: West Coast Eagles: 2nd Collingwood Magpies: 3rd Form Guide: West Coast Eagles: WLWWW Collingwood Magpies: WWLWW Last Match Result: West Coast Eagles:...
2018 AFL Grand Final goal scoring guide – value odds & free tips
IT takes but one moment to etch yourself in AFL Grand Final history. A match of football that has been slugged out for over two...