These are interesting times for the Brisbane Lions.
Chris Fagan’s men finished fourth from bottom in 2018, but a closer look at their record shows significant improvement across the board.
Can the Lions move up again in 2019 and set the stage for a finals charge in the not-too-distant future?
About the Brisbane Lions
|Home ground:||The GABBA|
|Premierships:||3 – 2001, 2002, 2003|
|2018 ladder finish:||15th|
Best bookmakers to bet on the Brisbane Lions
||Bet Now Read Review|
Updated Brisbane Lions futures betting
|2019 Premiership||Make Finals||Make Top 4||Brownlow Odds||Rising Star Odds||Coleman Odds|
|Jan||$67||$3.50||$12||–||–||E Hipwood $51|
|Feb||$67||$3.25||$||L Neale $51||E Smith $41||E Hipwood $51|
Best Brisbane Lions bets for the 2019 AFL season
Where are the best Brisbane bets in the AFL futures markets for 2019?
Click on the tabs below to get more analysis on these markets:
- Stop it. Don’t even look in this section. We can’t believe you clicked this tab open. If you can find somewhere in the vicinity of $5,000 for the Lions to pinch a flag, have a go, but in the interim, perhaps hold on to your money when it comes to premiership betting.
- Top honours are out of the question, but there is no doubt the Lions are a team on the up. Their young players are coming on nicely and Lachie Neale’s inclusion more than offsets the departure Dayne Beams. They will need a lot of things to go their way, however, so maybe give it another year before you start backing Brisbane to make a dent in September.
- Lachie Neale polled plenty of votes during his time at Fremantle and looks the best bet to top the Brisbane count in this year’s Brownlow Medal. Club captain Dayne Zorko is another one to consider.
- Brisbane’s youngsters have featured heavily at the top end of Rising Star betting in recent years, but the Lions lack a standout candidate on this occasion. Ely Smith, the 21st pick in last year’s draft, is rated an outside chance.
- Eric Hipwood won Brisbane’s goalkicking trophy last year with 37 majors. He might need to double that tally to figure in the race for the Coleman Medal. Don’t bother looking for another option in the Lions camp – there isn’t one.
Brisbane Lions 2019 AFL fixture
|1||West Coast Eagles||The Gabba||Saturday, March 23||7:20pm AEST|
|2||North Melbourne Kangaroos||Marvel Stadium||Sunday, March 31||1:10pm AEDT|
|3||Port Adelaide Power||The Gabba||Saturday, April 6||6:25pm AEST|
|4||Essendon Bombers||MCG||Saturday, April 13||2:10pm AEST|
|5||Collingwood Magpies||Gabba||Thursday, April 18||7:35pm AEST|
|6||Gold Coast Suns||Metricon Stadium||Saturday, April 27||1:45pm AEST|
|7||Sydney Swans||The Gabba||Saturday, May 4||4:35pm AEST|
|8||Western Bulldogs||Mars Stadium||Saturday, May 11||1:45pm AEST|
|9||Adelaide Crows||The Gabba||Saturday, May 18||2:10pm AEST|
|10||Fremantle Dockers||Optus Stadium||Sunday, May 26||3:20pm AWST|
|11||Hawthorn Hawks||The Gabba||Saturday, June 1||7:25pm AEST|
|12||Carlton Blues||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, June 8||1:45pm AEST|
|14||St Kilda Saints||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, June 22||4:35pm AEST|
|15||Melbourne Demons||The Gabba||Sunday, June 30||3:20pm AEST|
|16||GWS Giants||Sydney Showground||Sunday, July 7||4:40pm AEST|
|17||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, July 14||4:10pm ACST|
|18||North Melbourne Kangaroos||The Gabba||Saturday, July 20||7:25pm AEST|
|19||Hawthorn Hawks||UTAS Stadium||Saturday, July 27||1:45pm AEST|
|20||Western Bulldogs||The Gabba||Sunday, August 4||4:40pm AEST|
|21||Gold Coast Suns||The Gabba||Saturday, August 10||4:35pm AEST|
|22||Geelong Cats||The Gabba||Saturday, August 17||2:10pm AEST|
Brisbane Lions 2018 playing list
Brisbane Lions records
Most matches: Simon Black – 322 (1998-2013)
Most goals kicked in one match: Jonathan Brown – 10 goals (Rd 16, 2007)
Most Best & Fairest awards: Michael Voss, Jonathan Brown, Dayne Zorko – 3 each
Most matches as coach: Leigh Matthews – 237 (1999-2008)
Most goals in a season: Jonathan Brown – 84 (2009)
Most career goals: Alastair Lynch – 633 (1988-2004)
Latest AFL news
Hawks drift in flag betting following Mitchell’s season-ending injury
HAWTHORN’S premiership chances have taken a nose dive in the eyes of
Brisbane Lions veteran Mitch Robinson signs with eSports franchise
Mitch Robinson created Australian sporting history this week, becoming the first active AFL player to sign on with an eSports franchise.
Should AFL & NRL multi winner get his pay-out from the TAB?
By now, you may have already read about it. A young Victorian punter, at the ripe old age of 20, has nailed a stunning multi...
Tigers start 2019 as AFL flag favourites after West Coast triumph
RICHMOND will begin the 2019 AFL season as the $5 favourite to win the premiership after securing the signature of superstar free agent Tom Lynch....
2018 AFL Grand Final same game multi tips – West Coast vs. Collingwood
Final Ladder Position: West Coast Eagles: 2nd Collingwood Magpies: 3rd Form Guide: West Coast Eagles: WLWWW Collingwood Magpies: WWLWW Last Match Result: West Coast Eagles:...