The 2019 AFL Premiership campaign was a disappointing one for the Adelaide Football Club.
The Crows started the year among the flag favourites, but a number of issues on and off the field saw them miss finals altogether.
Can Matthew Nicks make them title contenders once again in 2020, or will it be another year to forget at Adelaide Oval?
About the Adelaide Crows
|Home ground:||Adelaide Oval|
|Premierships:||2 – 1997-98|
|2019 ladder finish:||11th|
Best bookmakers to bet on Adelaide
|#1||Real Punters Play At PlayUp||
||Bet Now Read Review|
Updated Adelaide Crows futures betting
|2020 Premiership||Make Finals||Make Top 4||Brownlow Odds||Rising Star Odds||Coleman Odds|
|Jan||$41||$5||$19||R Sloane $67||C Jones $15||T Walker $51|
Best Adelaide bets for the 2020 AFL season
Where are the best Adelaide picks in the AFL betting markets that matter?
Click on the tabs below to get more analysis on these bets:
- Things have spiralled out of control at Adelaide since their defeat to Richmond in the 2017 AFL Grand Final. The Crows have a lot of work to do on their footy and their culture before they can be considered premiership contenders once again.
- Even when a team is out of sorts, a run to the finals is never quite out of the question. This year, however, there are too many teams ahead of Adelaide in the pecking order.
- Brad Crouch polled a club-high 14 votes last season, yet online bookmakers have him behind both Rory Sloane and Matt Crouch in the Brownlow Medal betting. If he stays fit, the elder Crouch brother will be hard to beat.
- With only eight AFL games under his belt, Chayce Jones still qualifies for AFL Rising Star honours in his sophomore year. First-year player Fischer McAsey is among the outside chances.
- With Eddie Betts and Josh Jenkins both leaving Adelaide at the end of last season, there is only one option in the Coleman Medal betting. Taylor Walker will want to prove a point or two after stepping down from the captaincy.
Crows players to watch in 2020
This is a big year for ‘Tex’ Walker. The big forward was inconsistent again last season and finished the campaign with 43 goals from 22 games – well below the output expected of an elite key forward. Crows fans will hope Walker shines now that he has relinquished the captaincy.
Crouch was desperate to leave Adelaide after a career-best season, which shows just how bad things have been around the club. The proposed switch to the Gold Coast never eventuated, however, so it will be interesting to see how the reigning B&F approaches his footy in 2020.
The departure of both Eddie Betts and Josh Jenkins has left a huge hole in the Adelaide forward line. Fogarty enjoyed a strong finish to 2019 with big outings against West Coast and Collingwood, so there is some hope that the third-year player can step up alongside Tex Walker.
Adelaide Crows records
Most matches: Andrew McLeod – 340 (1995–2010)
Most goals kicked in one match: Tony Modra – 13 goals (Rd 16, 1993)
Most Best & Fairest awards: Simon Goodwin, Mark Ricciuto, Andrew McLeod – 3 each
Most matches as coach: Neil Craig – 177 (2004–2011)
Most goals in a season: Tony Modra – 129 (1993)
Most career goals: Tony Modra – 440 (1992-1998)
Latest AFL news
Week on the Punt: Big V & All Stars to clash in AFL Origin game
Check out the latest sports news on AFL State of Origin, ATP Cup, NBA, A-League and more.
Week on the Punt – Aussies humble hapless Kiwis in Boxing Day Test
Watching sport over the past weekend was a must, and there were no disappointing results in Australia. Hopefully you made it through the Christmas/Boxing Day...
Week on the Punt: Melbourne Cup flop stars at Sandown
An Irish star made amends in the Zipping Classic, while a cult hero is hoping to make waves in the west.
Sportsbet forced to pay millions over cancelled AFL bets
The bookie could be as much as $9m in the hole over a series of voided AFL bets from May this year.
AFL betting update: Richmond early favourites for 2020 flag
There are some big climbers and sliders from last year's early odds for the 2020 AFL Premiership.