The 2018 AFL Premiership campaign was a disappointing one for the Adelaide Football Club.
The Crows started the year as flag favourites after reaching the grand final in 2017, but injury woes and poor performances saw them slide right out of the eight.
Can Don Pyke’s men get their mojo back and become title contenders once again in 2019, or will it be another year to forget at Adelaide Oval?
About the Adelaide Crows
|Home ground:||Adelaide Oval|
|Premierships:||2 – 1997-98|
|2018 ladder finish:||12th|
Best bookmakers to bet on Adelaide
Updated Adelaide Crows futures betting
|2019 Premiership||Make Finals||Make Top 4||Brownlow Odds||Rising Star Odds||Coleman Odds|
|Jan||$16||$1.80||$3.25||R Laird $34||–||T Walker $34|
|Feb||$14||$1.60||$3||R Laird $34||D Fogarty $13||T Walker $34|
|Mar||$12||$1.50||$2.75||R Sloane $34||D Fogarty $15||T Walker $34|
|Apr||$26||$2.65||$8||R Sloane $34||D Fogarty $34||E Betts $51|
|May||$21||$1.65||$4.50||R Sloane $41||D Fogarty $101||T Walker $41|
|Jun||$26||$1.40||$5||B Crouch $41||D Fogarty $101||E Betts $41|
|Jul||$15||$1.10||$3.40||B Crouch $41||C Jones $101||E Betts $101|
|Aug||$151||$10||SUS||B Crouch $151||C Jones $251||SUS|
Best Adelaide bets for the 2019 AFL season
Where are the best Adelaide bets in the AFL futures markets that matter?
Click on the tabs below to get more analysis on these markets:
- Adelaide took a huge dive in 2018, sliding from top of the ladder and a GF berth to a disappointing 12th and no finals. Injuries played a part, but misfiring stars and issues in the leadership group were the bigger problems. While Rory Sloane’s elevation to the captaincy is a good move, there are now too many other teams ahead of the Crows in the premiership queue.
- Although a flag might be out of reach, Adelaide should – SHOULD – be a very good chance of playing finals football in 2019. Don’t expect any miracles, but a spot in the bottom half of the eight is very achievable.
- Sloane has been Adelaide’s go-to guy in Brownlow Medal betting in the past few years, but his namesake Rory Laird topped the club count with 19 votes in 2018 and will start this season as an outside chance to win it. Another to keep an eye on is Matt Crouch, whose prolific ball-winning will attract plenty of votes if he avoids injury and suspension.
- At 19 years of age and with only 10 senior games under his belt, Darcy Fogarty still qualifies for AFL Rising Star honours in his sophomore year. The Crows don’t have any other likely candidates in this market.
- Neither Eddie Betts nor Taylor Walker were very prolific last season, so pick a top goalkicker is a little tricky. Josh Jenkins hit the target 46 times last year and offers decent value at $51 in the preseason Coleman Medal betting at Sportsbet.com.au.
Adelaide Crows 2019 AFL fixture
|1||Hawthorn Hawks||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, March 23||4:05pm ACDT|
|2||Sydney Swans||SCG||Friday, March 29||7:50pm AEDT|
|3||Geelong Cats||Adelaide Oval||Thursday, April 4||7:20pm ACDT|
|4||North Melbourne Kangaroos||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, April 13||7:25pm AEST|
|5||Gold Coast Suns||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, April 21||4:10pm ACST|
|6||St Kilda Saints||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, April 27||4:35pm AEST|
|7||Fremantle Dockers||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, May 5||4:10pm ACST|
|8||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, May 11||7:10pm ACST|
|9||Brisbane Lions||The Gabba||Saturday, May 18||2:10pm AEST|
|10||West Coast Eagles||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, May 25||4:05pm ACST|
|11||Melbourne Demons||TIO Stadium||Saturday, June 1||7:10pm ACST|
|12||GWS Giants||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, June 8||7:10pm ACST|
|13||Richmond Tigers||Adelaide Oval||Thursday, June 13||7:20pm ACST|
|15||Geelong Cats||GMHBA Stadium||Friday, June 28||7:50pm AEST|
|16||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, July 6||4:05pm ACST|
|17||Gold Coast Suns||Metricon Stadium||Saturday, July 13||7:25pm AEST|
|18||Essendon Bombers||Adelaide Oval||Friday, July 19||7:20pm ACST|
|19||Carlton Blues||MCG||Saturday, July 27||2:10pm AEST|
|20||St Kilda Saints||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, August 3||7:10pm ACST|
|21||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Sunday, August 11||2:40pm AWST|
|22||Collingwood Magpies||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, August 17||4:05pm ACST|
|23||Western Bulldogs||Mars Stadium||TBA||TBA|
Crows players to watch in 2019
This is a big year for ‘Tex’ Walker. The big forward was miles off the pace last season, finishing with a paltry 26 goals from 14 games. Crows fans will hope he shines now that Rory Sloane has stepped up to share the captaincy.
Both the Crouch brothers have had their injury woes, but Brad has suffered the worst of it. If he stays fit, the talented onballer will add considerable class to the Adelaide midfield after missing the entirety of the 2018 season.
Fogarty got a taste of AFL footy last season without really making his mark in Adelaide’s first team. He should be better for another year in the system and looks a very good chance to earn a Rising Star nomination.
Adelaide Crows records
Most matches: Andrew McLeod – 340 (1995–2010)
Most goals kicked in one match: Tony Modra – 13 goals (Rd 16, 1993)
Most Best & Fairest awards: Simon Goodwin, Mark Ricciuto, Andrew McLeod – 3 each
Most matches as coach: Neil Craig – 177 (2004–2011)
Most goals in a season: Tony Modra – 129 (1993)
Most career goals: Tony Modra – 440 (1992-1998)
Latest AFL news
West Coast vs Hawthorn tips, betting, odds and predictions
Can the Hawks sneak into the 2019 AFL finals with an upset win over the Eagles?
Collingwood vs Essendon betting tips, odds and predictions
Can the Pies keep their top four hopes alive with a win over the Bombers at the MCG?
Fremantle coach betting – Who will replace Ross Lyon in 2020?
A former West Coast star looms as the favourite to take the reins at the Dockers next year.
AFL Round 23 odds and premiership betting update
Home finals and double chances are on the line in the last round of the AFL home-and-away season.
2019 AFL Round 22 betting tips – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs
Can the Western Bulldogs take another scalp this week when they face the GWS Giants?