The 2019 AFL Premiership campaign was a disappointing one for the Adelaide Football Club.
The Crows started the year among the flag favourites, but a number of issues on and off the field saw them miss finals altogether.
Can Matthew Nicks make them title contenders once again in 2020, or will it be another year to forget at Adelaide Oval?
About the Adelaide Crows
|Home ground:||Adelaide Oval|
|Premierships:||2 – 1997-98|
|2019 ladder finish:||11th|
Best bookmakers to bet on Adelaide
This is my table
50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Review
Live Betting Odds
Claim a 50% deposit bonus up to the value of USD $250
Visit Bovada Bovada Review
Updated Adelaide Crows futures betting
|2020 Premiership||Make Finals||Make Top 4||Brownlow Odds||Rising Star Odds||Coleman Odds|
|Jan||$41||$5||$19||R Sloane $67||C Jones $15||T Walker $51|
|Feb||$41||$5||$19||R Sloane $67||C Jones $15||T Walker $51|
|Mar||$41||$5||$19||R Sloane $67||C Jones $15||T Walker $51|
Best Adelaide bets for the 2020 AFL season
Where are the best Adelaide picks in the AFL betting markets that matter?
Click on the tabs below to get more analysis on these bets:
- Things have spiralled out of control at Adelaide since their defeat to Richmond in the 2017 AFL Grand Final. The Crows have a lot of work to do on their footy and their culture before they can be considered premiership contenders once again.
- Even when a team is out of sorts, a run to the finals is never quite out of the question. This year, however, there are too many teams ahead of Adelaide in the pecking order.
- Brad Crouch polled a club-high 14 votes last season, yet online bookmakers have him behind both Rory Sloane and Matt Crouch in the Brownlow Medal betting. If he stays fit, the elder Crouch brother will be hard to beat.
- With only eight AFL games under his belt, Chayce Jones still qualifies for AFL Rising Star honours in his sophomore year. First-year player Fischer McAsey is among the outside chances.
- With Eddie Betts and Josh Jenkins both leaving Adelaide at the end of last season, there is only one option in the Coleman Medal betting. Taylor Walker will want to prove a point or two after stepping down from the captaincy.
Adelaide Crows 2020 AFL fixture
|1||Sydney Swans||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, March 21||4:05pm|
|2||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, March 28||7:10pm|
|3||Brisbane Lions||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, April 4||4:05pm|
|4||Richmond Tigers||Melbourne Cricket Ground||Saturday, April 11||1:15pm|
|5||Essendon Bombers||Adelaide Oval||Thursday, April 16||7:10pm|
|6||St Kilda Saints||Marvel Stadium||Sunday, April 26||4:10pm|
|7||Gold Coast Suns||Metricon Stadium||Saturday, May 2||1:15pm|
|8||Fremantle Dockers||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, May 9||1:15pm|
|9||Melbourne Demons||Traeger Park||Sunday, May 17||2:50pm|
|10||Carlton Blues||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, May 23||4:05pm|
|11||GWS Giants||Giants Stadium||Saturday, May 30||4:05pm|
|12||Western Bulldogs||Adelaide Oval||Friday, June 5||7:20pm|
|13||Port Adelaide Power||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, June 14||3:20pm|
|15||Collingwood Magpies||Melbourne Cricket Ground||Sunday, June 28||12:40pm|
|16||St Kilda Saints||Adelaide Oval||Saturday, July 4||7:10pm|
|17||West Coast Eagles||Optus Stadium||Sunday, July 12||4:50pm|
|18||Melbourne Demons||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, July 19||4:10pm|
|19||Essendon Bombers||Marvel Stadium||Saturday, July 25||6:55pm|
|20||Richmond Tigers||Adelaide Oval||Friday, August 31||6:50pm|
|21||Hawthorn Hawks||UTAS Stadium||Saturday, August 8||4:35pm|
|22||North Melbourne Kangaroos||Adelaide Oval||Sunday, August 16||4:10pm|
|23||Geelong Cats||GMHBA Stadium||TBA||TBA|
Crows players to watch in 2020
This is a big year for ‘Tex’. The Broken Hill native was inconsistent again last season and finished the campaign with 43 goals from 22 games – well below the output expected of an elite key forward. Crows fans will hope Walker shines now that he has relinquished the captaincy.
Crouch was desperate to leave Adelaide after a career-best season, which shows just how bad things have been around the club. The proposed switch to the Gold Coast never eventuated, however, so it will be interesting to see how the reigning B&F approaches his footy in 2020.
The departure of both Eddie Betts and Josh Jenkins has left a huge hole in the Adelaide forward line. Fogarty enjoyed a strong finish to 2019 with big outings against West Coast and Collingwood, so there is some hope that the third-year player can step up alongside Tex Walker.
Adelaide Crows records
Most matches: Andrew McLeod – 340 (1995–2010)
Most goals kicked in one match: Tony Modra – 13 goals (Rd 16, 1993)
Most Best & Fairest awards: Simon Goodwin, Mark Ricciuto, Andrew McLeod – 3 each
Most matches as coach: Neil Craig – 177 (2004–2011)
Most goals in a season: Tony Modra – 129 (1993)
Most career goals: Tony Modra – 440 (1992-1998)
Latest AFL news
[rm_recent_news tags=”AFL” exclude_tags=”promotions” title=”” max_rows=6 ajax=”true”]