Ladbrokes is a global betting giants with an unparalleled reputation. Receive daily boosted odds on Australian racing.Sign up
This Ladbrokes review will highlight the pros and cons of betting with this company, a corporate bookmaker based out of the Northern Territory. Our Ladbrokes review will cover everything about the company’s operations in Australia, including their betting markets and whether their odds stack up, apps and of course their promotions.
One of the United Kingdom’s powerhouse bookmakers, Ladbrokes forced its way into the Australian market over six years ago and has been making waves ever since. Ladbrokes launched its Australian arm in September 2013 and has continued to gain fans, particularly amongst horse racing enthusiasts. Continue reading our Ladbrokes Australia review for further information.
Ladbrokes sign up bonus 2023
The Australian laws surrounding sign up bonuses or new bookie account incentives are banned under the National Gambling Framework from May 26, 2019. This means Ladbrokes Australia can no longer offer sign up bonuses to Australians, or anything that could be deemed an enticement to open a new account.
The Aussie Government made these changes to local legislation in a bid to help curb problem gambling, something they say was exacerbated by the rampant bonus bet offers. Regular Ladbrokes punters have expressed disappointment at the latest anti-gambling measures, with a quick scan of social media already showing customers’ annoyance at the bonus bet ban.
Ladbrokes promotions 2023
Ladbrokes is one of the biggest betting sites in Australia and they run many different promotions throughout the year. Ladbrokes.com.au promotions often surround horse racing, but they definitely don’t neglect the football codes, including AFL and NRL.
Ladbrokes promotions generally surround whatever is current, although from time to time they offer promotions that can be used on any sports or racing event. BettingSite.com.au is limited as to what we can write about Ladbrokes betting promotions, because of local laws, which prohibits the advertising of new bookmaker account incentives.
To take advantage of Ladbrokes promotions, we recommend registering an account at Ladbrokes.com.au and then you will be able to view the most recent offers.
Ladbrokes login for mobile and desktop
The Ladbrokes login page is easily accessible and is the same URL on both their mobile website and desktop site. Those who have the Ladbrokes app can simply locate the shortcut icon and login via the interface there.
Ladbrokes sports betting review
Ladbrokes is one of the most prominent sports betting sites in Australia, with markets available on all of the major leagues, competitions and international events.
Ladbrokes sports, which is accessible via the “Sports” tab at the top of their website or via the hamburger menu on mobile, is well designed and gives you easy access to many different markets, including the next the start, popular sports and a quick multi builder (but more about that later). You can also access all of Ladbrokes sports betting markets via a big menu, which allows you to navigate to any sports you wish to wager on.
Obviously, major Australian sports are covered extensively by Ladbrokes, with these including domestic competitions like the AFL, NRL and A-League. These football codes are covered in much the same way, although the bet types available can vary, depending on how the sport works.
Summer sports are also covered, with cricket huge at Ladbrokes, with this ramping up when the Australian national team is playing, the Big Bash League is underway or even state competitions.
Ladbrokes also has many niche sports covered, including things like politics, reality television, handball and motor racing. Basically, if there is an outcome happening, you will be able to wager on it at this online bookmaker.
We tested the sports betting odds available at Ladbrokes against some of their opposition, including Unibet, bet365 and Palmerbet, and found that they either had above average odds, or at the very least on par with their opponents.
Another huge plus we found, while writing this Ladbrokes sports betting review, is that the bookie often runs promotions surrounding events. The way that we can market these Ladbrokes sports promotions is limited, because of local laws, but once register an account you become eligible to see and claim these offers. d
Ladbrokes.com.au has a huge variety of sport and other events on offer for punters to lay their hard earned dough on. They include:
- American Football
- Australian Rules
- Featured Events
- Field Hockey
There is definitely either a sport or an event for just about any and every taste there. And, if that wasn’t enough, you can livestream many of the sporting events that you are betting on.
Simply log in to your account, place a bet on any of the live events and you will be able to watch every moment, as you ride your bet home. The bookie enhances the experience by offering live stats before, during and after the game, so you really won’t miss a thing.
Ladbrokes racing review
Ladbrokes offers a huge spectrum of markets on the thoroughbreds, harness and greyhounds, giving you an event to bet on every minute. Head on over to check out their offerings right now.
Horse racing at Ladbrokes
Ladbrokes AU is renowned for its horse racing product, with every Australian TAB meeting covered extensively by this bookie. Some of the great products available to Ladbrokes horse racing bettors includes enhanced odds on selected races and promotions surrounding both mid-week and major group meetings.
This is my table
Greyhound racing at Ladbrokes
Greyhound racing is the no.2 racing code in Australia and Ladbrokes definitely does not neglect it. Often Ladbrokes will run promotions surrounding mid-week meetings, which will give you boosted odds or real money cash back offers. When the big greyhound races roll around like the Golden Easter Egg or Australian Cup you can guarantee Ladbrokes will be running promotions surrounding it.
Harness racing at Ladbrokes
While annual turnover betting on harness racing is significantly lower than thoroughbred or greyhound racing it still holds a place in the betting landscape in Australia. Ladbrokes covers every TAB meeting from around the country and in New Zealand. While you won’t find as many harness racing promos as the other racing codes, from time to time Ladbrokes AU will have specials running surrounding this code.
Deposit and withdrawal methods at Ladbrokes
Ladbrokes offers a swag of bookie deposit methods and withdrawal options that make things very easy for punters wanting to place a bet or access their winnings.
- Ladbrokes Cash-in: What sets Ladbrokes apart from other bookmakers is their nifty little deal with news agents across Australia. Cash-in allows punters to slam their cash straight into their betting account at any of more than 1000 news agencies across the country. All you need is a smart phone, desk top computer and printer or a prepaid card that can be purchased at any of the stores. Fill out the amount you want and it is as easy as that.
- Credit card: Get out your Visa or MasterCard and get it registered if you want to deposit your funds into your account easily. With Ladbrokes your credit card deposited funds are available immediately after you make the deposit, so all you have to do is make the payment and you will be placing your bets in no time.
- POLi: All you need access to online banking and you can use that to send funds into your account. You won’t have to wait for days for them to clear, either, because the POLi system offers immediate funds in your account. So log in to your betting account, select the POLi add-on and then all you need to do is punch in your netbank log ins and you’re on the way t your next big win. Remember to keep your phone handy as your bank will often send a verification code for POLi transactions.
- BPAY and Direct Bank Transfers: Some people say this is the snail’s way of making a deposit. But others will tell you it is good business. If you like to plan ahead and have some time to mull over your bets, then either a BPAY or EFT direct bank transfer is the way to go. The key here is that it takes time. So you must be prepared. It can take up to three working days for your funds to clear, although if you d make the transfer early in the day, it is more commonly one to two days. So if you have some patience, your money will make it there. The advantage of restricting yourself to these styles of deposit are that it reduces the risk of you making silly bets while chasing your winnings.
- Paypal: One of the most popular ways to fund online bookmaker accounts is Paypal, and luckily for Ladbrokes betting punters, they have this option available. Paypal at Ladbrokes is an instant method of funding your account, while you can also withdraw any winnings via this method.
It’s very easy to cash out or make withdrawals from your Ladbrokes account. The length of time it takes to withdraw from your Ladbrokes account will vary, depending on the method you use. There are two primary methods of cashing out at Ladbrokes.com.au, which are:
- Bank transfer withdrawal: The tried and true old fashioned way. Works every time. But can take some time. This involves deciding how much you want to withdraw from your account and then making the transfer. Depending on when you do it, Ladbrokes needs to do its banking and then so does your financial institution, so it can take time. Bank transfer withdrawals can take between 24 and 72 hours to hit your account.
- Ladbrokes Visa Card: Here’s where it gets a little more interesting. If you are a Ladbrokes member, you are entitled to one of its Visa Cards. You can withdraw your funds from your Ladbrokes betting account into the Visa, and then use it to make purchases using PayWave, EFTPOS and even make withdrawals at ATMs. It’s not quite revolutionary, but it is very, very handy. Just remember, it only works with your winnings. You can’t dump money into your account with your credit card and then withdraw it using the Ladbrokes card. The Ladbrokes Visa card is regarded as an instant method of withdrawal.
Ladbrokes mobile & apps review
We’ve already told you just how good the website is, with its funky interface and ease of use, but what about access from your smartphones and tablets?
The bookie has a mobile site which is highly functioning, for the little and big screens. But if you really want the full experience, you can download their official app for both Android and Apple activated devices by tapping any of the buttons you see here on our review page to get started.
Ladbrokes Android App
The Ladbrokes Android app is downloaded directly from their website after you have opened a new account. Basically the Google Play store does not allow real money gambling apps, but the beauty of Android devices is you can download and install “non-market apps” which means they aren’t vetted by any third party, before you can download them. The Ladbrokes Android App is first-rate and one of the best on the market.
Ladbrokes iOS App
The Ladbrokes iOS app is available from the Apple App store and gives you access to most of the features you would find on your computer. To begin using the app on an Apple device all you need to do is create a new account and follow the prompts.
Ladbrokes business dates back 130 years to 1886, when it was first formed. Today, you will find that the bookie, worldwide, employs more than 15,000 people, with operations that stretch to Belgium, Spain and Ireland.
We will let you in on a little secret – Ladbrokes managed to forge its way into the market by purchasing a little Brisbane operation called Bookmaker.com.au in 2012. You’ll find that the two sites have exactly the same markets and exactly the same odds, and the betting functionality is almost identical, too. Soon after Ladbrokes AU bought out another bookie known as Betstars, giving them a major hold in Australia.
Ladbrokes’ Australian leg is licensed in the Northern Territory, with the respected UK bookie switching its allegiance from Norfolk Island, after that licensing body was surrounded by doubt over its future for much of 2016. Eventually Ladbrokes and other bookies like Topbetta switched and it spelt the end of the Norfolk gambling regulator.
As of March 29, 2018, GVC Holdings is the outright owner of Ladbrokes Coral, which is the parent company of Ladbrokes Australia and the biggest bookmaker company in the United Kingdom. GVC Holdings is a major player in online gambling, with their brands including BWIN, Coral, PartyPoker and even another major Australian-licensed brand Neds.com.au, which it bought out in 2018.
GVC Holdings has now rebranded to Entain and continues to thrive as an online gambling company with a global footprint. Ladbrokes.com.au remains a jewel in their crown, with this Australian betting site remaining one of the top betting sites in Australia. The Ladbrokes promotions and apps have been a big focus for this betting company in recent times, with both of these receiving a facelift in 2022.
Verdict: Ladbrokes is a top bookie for Aussies
Writing our Ladbrokes review for the Australian website was a pleasure. We found one of Australia’s most competent betting sites with a great selection of sporting and horse racing events to wager on. In fact it’s the gallops where Ladbrokes really excels, with plenty of great features available to customers through the company’s mobile and desktop offerings. Overall Ladbrokes sits comfortably among Australia’s top online bookmakers, and the fact it is backed by GVC Holdings should fill you with confidence that you are wagering with a safe and reliable bookie.
This is my table
Ladbrokes.com.au customer service: 1300 LADBROKES (523 276)