IT was a profitable weekend for BettingSite’s AFL punters in Round 3.
Our resident tipster previewed four of the biggest matches across an interesting weekend of football and not only did he deliver the correct match result in each one, he nailed his fair share of betting lines, margins and more.
Let’s take a look back at a weekend that saw Collingwood notch its first win of the season:
Carlton vs. Collingwood winning tips
Nathan Buckley’s head was removed from the chopping block as the Magpies proved a class above Carlton, winning comfortably on Friday night, 16.4 (100) to 11.10 (76).
- We picked Collingwood to put up a winning score, backing the woods to score over 91.5 @ $1.88 and they delivered. The forward line clicked in perfect conditions for football and they kicked straight — Collingwood fans may want to buy their lottery tickets now.
- 100-game milestone man Taylor Adams was paying $1.35 to get more than 25 disposals – we told you it was a monty multi filler and we were spot on. He delivered.
- In one of our best returns of the weekend, we picked Collingwood to win ($1.50) and to win between 1-24 ($3.10). A Carlton goal with eight seconds left secured the double.
Sydney vs. GWS winning tips
A late surge from Buddy Franklin and the Sydney Swans got them the win in the Battle of the Bridge at the SCG, 16.7 (103) to 12.15 (87).
- In a game we expected to be a tight, hotly-contested affair, we went for an early, easy multi-filler with ‘No Player To Get 40 Disposals’ at $1.07. Not only did no player get 40, but no one even topped 30.
- With Lance Franklin and the Swans forward line clicking, we thought the Swans would find it easy to top 89.5 points for the game, paying $1.92. They delivered with a huge fourth quarter. GWS did the same for us, scraping over their 83.5-point line.
- The Bloods had the win, paying $1.70 and covered the line of -5.5, as expected.
Tigers vs. Hawks winning bets
With more than 70,000 at the MCG watching on, the two hottest sides in Victoria — Hawthorn and Richmond — did battle and it was the Tigers coming out victorious, 15.12 (102) to 13.11 (89).
- Looking at some golden conditions on a picture-perfect Melbourne day, we picked another high-scoring game. Richmond was paying $1.76 to top 13 goals and Hawthorn was paying $1.87 to top 12 goals. It got a little close at the end, but both clubs delivered.
- The reigning premier avoided the indignity of slipping to 1-2 after three games, beating one of the early season front-runners, paying $1.65 and rewarding our faith.
Eagles vs. Cats winning tips
Not many gave the Eagles a chance to win this one, given the hype surrounding Geelong’s vaunted ‘holy trinity’ of Patrick Dangerfield, Joel Selwood and Gary Ablett Jr.
Well, the holy trinity was broken up with an injury to Ablett and our tipster was all over the upset, tipping the Eagles in a thriller at the new Optus Stadium, 14.11 (95) to 11.14 (80).
- The Eagles were paying $1.87 to score over 90 points for the match and left it to the final couple of minutes to get the job done for us.
- The young Eagles excitement machine Liam Ryan has had a hot start to the season and we thought that would continue against an undermanned Geelong backline. We backed Ryan to kick two or more goals at $2.05 and he delivered, slotting three majors. We doubled the dose with the Cats, backing Tom Hawkins at $2.75 to deliver three or more goals and he delivered too.
- Finally, we capped off a mighty weekend with the Eagles victory — backing them for the win at $2.05 and at the +3.5 line at $1.92.
Should AFL & NRL multi winner get his pay-out from the TAB?
Tigers start 2019 as AFL flag favourites after West Coast triumph
2018 AFL Grand Final same game multi tips – West Coast vs....
2018 AFL Grand Final goal scoring guide – value odds & free...
2018 Norm Smith Medal tips, value odds and best AFL Grand Final...
Best team bets and smokeys for the 2018 Brownlow Medal
Max Gawn AFL prelim final goal-scoring odds – West Coast vs. Melbourne
Jordan de Goey goal-scoring tips – Tigers vs. Magpies prelim odds