IF you followed our tips across a big weekend of football in Round 9 your wallet will be a bit heavier this week.
An incredible total of 19 correct tips over four match previews provided our punters with a bevy of options to feast on.
It all started with Adelaide doing the job in the wet on Friday night and only got better on Saturday when North Melbourne were too slick for GWS at Blundstone Arena. Collingwood was led by Jordan de Goey on Saturday night, beating the Saints at Etihad and we were all over Brisbane’s shock victory over Hawthorn on Sunday afternoon – its first in 2018.
Let’s take a look at how the weekend unfolded:
Crows vs. Bulldogs winning tips
The Bulldogs came into their Friday night clash against Adelaide with winning form, having saluted three times in a row, but inaccuracy plagued them as the Crows handled the conditions better on the way to a comfortable win, 9.9 (63) to 2.14 (26).
- Both of our ‘first to’ tips delivered in spades. Adelaide was first to 15, paying $1.38, while we were all over the Western Bulldogs’ inaccuracy – they were first to six behinds, paying a very handy $3.25.
- The total points was always going to be well under 170 ($2.18), given the game was played under water and Adelaide was simply too good ($1.15 to win), despite its injury problems.
North Melbourne vs. GWS winning bets
The Kangaroos continued their surprising start to the season with an impressive win at their home away from home in Tasmania, defeating GWS, 17.10 (112) to 9.15 (69).
- The Kangaroos Ben Jacobs is probably the best tagger in the competition this season. He was paying $1.50 to get 6 tackles and he did the job easily, notching double figures.
- Despite having a bit of a dirty day, Jeremy Cameron managed to snag two goals for punters, delivering $2.25.
- We tipped the North Melbourne defence to keep an injury-hit GWS under 80.5 points and they did just that, paying $1.83.
- Finally, we were on the Roos to win at $1.74 and the -4.5 line at $1.92 was a given.
Collingwood vs. St Kilda winning tips
Collingwood rebounded from a disappointing loss in Round 9 to continue St Kilda’s season of misery, winning 15.10 (100) to 10.12 (70).
- We tipped Collingwood to start hot and while they had to come from behind to do it, they were the first to kick three goals, paying $1.54.
- The Saints are easily the most inaccurate side in the competition and we couldn’t resist the $2.50 on offer for them to kick the first six behinds. They did just that.
- Our player betting was spot on. Luke Dunstan was paying $1,45 to get 25 touches (he got 32) and Jordan de Goey was paying $1.65 to kick two goals (he got six).
Brisbane vs. Hawthorn winning bets
Hallelujah! Brisbane have recorded its first win of 2018 and it’s come in the Luke Hodge cup against Hawthorn. The Lions put a dent in the Hawks top four prospects, winning 20.9 (129) to 11.7 (73).
- Brisbane’s best player, Dane Zorko, was paying $1.60 to get 25 disposals and a goal – he had 30 and a goal and continued his hot form.
- Brisbane had been a high-scoring team for the last month and we thought that trend would continue. Brisbane was paying $1.70 to kick more than 11.5 goals and ended up kicking 20.
- We thought the Hawks may struggle to blow the Lions away and kick under 14.5 goals at $1.76 — they kicked 11 in the loss.
- While we weren’t quite brave enough to pick the Lions to win, we were confident they would cover the +16.5 line and its safe to say it was a good bet at $1.91.
Hawks drift in flag betting following Mitchell’s season-ending injury
Brisbane Lions veteran Mitch Robinson signs with eSports franchise
Should AFL & NRL multi winner get his pay-out from the TAB?
Tigers start 2019 as AFL flag favourites after West Coast triumph
2018 AFL Grand Final same game multi tips – West Coast vs....
2018 AFL Grand Final goal scoring guide – value odds & free...
2018 Norm Smith Medal tips, value odds and best AFL Grand Final...
Best team bets and smokeys for the 2018 Brownlow Medal