|Two or more goals||–||–||–|
|To score a hat-trick||–||–||–|
Who is Daniel Arzani?
It has been many, many years since Australia produced a football talent like Daniel Arzani. He burst onto the A-League scene with Melbourne City as a teenager and finished the 2017-18 campaign not only with a place in the PFA Team of the Year, but also a spot on Bert van Marwijk’s 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Born in Iran and raised in Sydney, Arzani is an attacking midfielder who possesses all the traits required to succeed at the highest level. He can play on either flank, or behind the strikers. Quick feet, beautiful technique and the ability to improvise come from learning his craft on the streets, while a confident disposition allows him to use those precious skills on the big stage.
Arzani caught the attention of the broader football community with an electric cameo against Denmark in the group stage at Russia 2018. That was only his fourth appearance for the Socceroos, but those 20-odd minutes from the bench were enough to spark rumours of interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.
It was Manchester City – parent club of Melbourne City – that landed Arzani’s signature in the 2018 off-season. The youngster immediately loaned out to Celtic in the Scottish Premier League, but that’s where the good news ends for now. Arzani lasted only 20-odd minutes in his senior debut for the Hoops before suffering an ACL injury that will keep him out until the latter stages of 2019.
Daniel Arzani stats and details
|Born:||January 4, 1999|
|International debut:||June 1, 2018 vs. Czech Republic|
|Current club:||Melbourne City|
Top bookmakers for Daniel Arzani betting
|#1||Real Punters Play At PlayUp||
||Bet Now Read Review|
Best bets for Daniel Arzani
Where is Australia’s young gun likely to turn up some real value on the punt? Open the tabs below to find out why Arzani can deliver the goods on these popular soccer betting markets.
- Arzani is only new to top-flight football – let alone the international stage – and has a way to go before his coaches consider him an automatic starter. While that makes it tough for the young playmaker to have an impact on first goalscorer betting, he is great value to come off the bench and do some damage later in the game.
- As mentioned above, Arzani can expect to make plenty of cameo appearances from the bench in the early years of his career. We have already seen that he has the speed and skill to run high-quality defences ragged in the latter stages of a tight game, so there is value in backing him to have the final say on the scoreboard.
- One gets the impression Arzani will tilt many results in Australia’s favour over the next few years. He is the kind of player the country has been crying out for since the retirement of Harry Kewell, who made a habit of scoring decisive goals in the green and gold.
Daniel Arzani club stats
|FFA Centre of Excellence||NPL Capital||2014||12||1|
|Career league totals||44||4|
Daniel Arzani international goals
|9/6/2018||Hungary||Groupama Stadium, Budapest||Friendly||1||2|
|Career international totals||1||4|
Daniel Arzani awards and honours
- A-League Young Footballer of the Year 2017/18
- PFA Team of the Year 2017/18
Latest soccer news and betting tips
A-League Round 6 betting odds, multi tips and predictions
Check out the latest odds and best bets for the four games on the A-League schedule this weekend.
EPL Matchweek 12 multi odds, betting tips and predictions
Liverpool and Manchester City headline MW12 as we look at the best bets for this week's EPL multi.
A-League Round 5 odds, multi tips and betting predictions
Two teams remain unbeaten as we enter the fifth week of the 2019/20 A-League season.
EPL Matchweek 11 multi tips, betting odds and predictions
Can the underdogs shake things up in Matchweek 11 of the 2019/20 English Premier League season?
A-League Round 4 odds, multi tips and betting predictions
Three teams are yet to taste defeat as we look ahead to the fourth week of the 2019/20 A-League season.