Firstly in our PendleburyBet review we will tell you a little about the man behind the operation. PendleburyBet is a racing only platform that is family owned and operated by Sydney’s longest serving rails bookmaker, Jeff Pendlebury. The old adage says stick to what you know and there are not many who know more about racing and bookmaking than Pendlebury, who has been on-course since 1968, and is a member of the NSW Bookmakers’ Co-operative Ltd. His passion for racing and betting began at a young age, before paving the way for a career in bookmaking.
Although the service is the newer kid on the block, founded in 2020, with over 55 years of experience in the industry, Jeff has established himself as a veteran in the field and an industry leader.
Jeff founded Pendlebury Bet to cater to a new generation of punters. With a clear focus on the three codes of racing in gallops, harness and greyhound the Pendlebury Bet website is user friendly although basic.
The service currently does not offer sport betting but with so many sports offering betting markets, the option to do so in the future would be sure to attract more punters to sign up.
This is my table
PendleBuryBet horse racing
PendleburyBet specialises in offering betting options for various Australian horse, greyhound, and harness racing events.
Additionally, PendleBuryBet provide markets for selected international racing meets, such as those in New Zealand, Japan, USA, and more.
PendleburyBet’s range of horse racing betting options, includes fixed odds and best tote, along with exotic bets like quinellas, exactas, and trifectas.
It’s important to note that Pendlebury Bet currently focuses solely on racing betting and does not offer any sports betting markets.
Fixed odds open with PendleburyBet 15 minutes prior to the jump of each race.
The unique point of difference PendleburyBet has compared to other online bookmakers is that they offers rails betting, or on-course betting. This option adds a personal touch with the bagman and means they are likely to accept bigger bets than their competitors.
PendleburyBet greyhound racing
Pendlebury Bet offers betting on all Australian greyhound racing as well as various international markets including New Zealand and American chaser events.
PendleBuryBet.com.au has got many different bet types available surrounding greyhound racing events, with these including win/place bets, trifecta bets, quinellas and many others.
You will also be able to get on the various quaddie bet options at PendleburyBet, with their offer generally just featuring the later quaddie.
Harness racing at PendleburyBet
Harness racing odds offered include all Australian markets along with some select international events including Mohawk and Yonkers race meetings.
It is a website only service without an app, but they offer some great racing promotions and some of the best fixed odds markets you will find online.
PendleburyBet starting price guarantee is a key function meaning a punter will receive the fixed odds at the time of their bet, but if the price drifts towards the jump you will be paid at the larger starting price. This offer is rare with bookmakers and offers some form of insurance if the price differs greatly between time of placing bet and the race start.
PendleburyBet bookmaker review
We did plenty of testing for this PendleburyBet bookmaker review, with most of it done via computer and via an iPhone 12. We found both options to be very solid and very much mirroring other bookmakers in Australia.
PendleburyBet betting has got many great features with these ranging from an outstanding customer service team, right through to fixed odds, a top fluc offer, various exotic race bets and best tote plus.
If we had to highlight a weakness for our PendleburyBet review it would be that they don’t have Android and iOS betting apps. But this might change in the future, with it relatively easy to launch these in 2023.
This is my table
Some of the key features of PendleburyBet include:
- Fixed Odds- Fixed price displayed on the Pendlebury Bet website.
- Top Fluctuation (TF) – This product is the best price declared by each relevant state’s Official Price fluctuations. Bets must be placed prior to the official opening market.
- Best Tote with Starting Price Guarantee – this product is the best of either the three Australian totalisator prices or the Official Starting Price (SP).
- Best Tote – guarantees to pay the best dividend of the three Australian totalisators.
- Middle Tote – this product is the middle dividend of the three Australian totalisators.
- Tote – guarantees to pay at the dividend declared by the NSW totalisator.
- Exotics – any racing exotics offered are paid at the dividend declared by the NSW totalisator.
PendleburyBet access & mobile website
Although the service does not provide live streaming, Pendleburybet.com.au will be nearly identical whether you access via mobile or desktop.
It does appear far better on a tablet or mobile device that it does on PC as per fellow punters thoughts. There is a feature on the mobile site where you can turn off the international fields which is handy, but that’s not on the PC website.
This is great for punters as it allows you to access necessary areas at home or on the go and not have to get used to different system – as is the case with major bookmakers.
It also seems to be designed primarily for same day racing which can be frustrating if you are a punter focussed on long term/future markets.
When first accessing the page, it does not take long to get the idea of how to navigate through the services features and once you get the grasp of it, the use of it could not be any easier.
The PendleburyBet website home page opens to the key features with six options to choose from at the bottom of the panel, each one directing punters to a new page.
Navigating the PendleburyBet website
- HOME – time countdown view of the three next to Jump races allowing for planning ahead. Beneath this are the meetings for the day separated into Australia and International.
- HORSE – all meetings for gallop racing for the day.
- HARNESS – all meetings for harness racing for the day.
- DOGS – all meetings for greyhound racing for the day.
- ACCOUNT – every single thing you need to know regarding your account including promotions available, active bets or deposit/withdrawal options.
- BETSLIP – any bets pending and active. Anytime you click a leg to bet on it will appear here.
This is my table
How to register at PendleBuryBet
The PendleBuryBet sign-up process is simple and takes all of two minutes to complete, with it a matter of filling in a digital form with your personal details. You will then need to visit the deposit portal which offers various options.
Pendlebury Bet offers deposit options by credit/debit cards, PayID and direct bank transfers. Withdrawals are bank transfer only and are processed with OSKO instant withdrawals.
Withdrawals are processed three times a day, including weekends, at 10am, 3pm and 11pm.
Within 72 hours of signing up or before a withdrawal can be made you will be asked to verify your identity, as is the case with other Australian online bookmakers.
PendleburyBet pros & cons
Having never used this bookmaker service I was going in blind when writing this PendleburyBet review. Being a member with multiple online bookmakers there are some non-negotiables i look for when wagering on horse racing.
The pros of the PendleburyBet betting service far outweigh the cons for mine. Below we have highlighted the pros and cons of PendleburyBet.com.au.
- High fixed odds for racing in Australia and abroad
- Starting price guarantee on all Australian horse racing
- 100% Australian owned and operated
- A no nonsense website that is for the punter who wants to get on any race and back a winner.
- 24/7 Customer Service – leave a message/ask a question on the website along with an email to Jeff direct.
- Focus on racing – with markets dedicated to racing the service is sure to attract punters who focus their energy in that area.
- Operates around the clock – 24hrs/7 days a week along with various avenues of customer service makes Pendlebury very user friendly.
- PendleburyBet has no mobile app – without an app for now it would limit the punters that access the service due to our technologically advancing society.
- No sports markets – hopefully this changes but for now it seems the market and audience reached will be limited as a result.
PendleburyBet review conclusion & our say
In the end I signed up to Pendlebury Bet as it offers features such as the Starting Price Guarantee that could prove greatly advantageous when it comes to punting on horse racing. Also remembering that in only its first few years as a service it has developed and improved so is sure to only do so even further into the future.
In saying this however I bet on sports markets more regularly than racing and the fact it does not offer this service is a slight letdown. If you punt on horse racing and like the service being identical across devices, while being offered features that other bookmakers do not provide, then Pendlebury Bet is a must try for any punter.
Overall, we had a positive reaction when researching for this PendleburyBet review.
- Website Design – 6/10
No bells and whistles but straightforward and user friendly. What you see on a desktop computer is what you see on your mobile device, I really like that.
- Racing Coverage – 8.5/10
Cover all Australian Racing and select international racing events.