DAVID HAYES AIMS FOR SIXTH BLUE DIAMOND
Hall of Fame trainer David Hayes, who now trains in partnership with his son Ben and nephew Tom Dabernig, has six runners in Saturday’s $1.5 million Group One Blue Diamond Stakes for two-year-olds at Caulfield.
Hayes holds the training record in the Blue Diamond with five wins.
He has won with Canonise (1991), Principality (1995), Nadeem (2006), Sleek Chassis (2007), Reaan (2008).
His father, the late Colin Hayes, trained three winners – Out Of Danger (1976), Midnight Fever (1987) and Mahaasin (1990).
HAYES RUNS THE RULE OVER THE STABLE’S SIX CONTENDERS:
* CATCHY (filly, 3 starts, 2 wins): “She hasn’t put a foot wrong and she reminds me a lot of the star two-year-olds we’ve had through the stable over the years.”
* FORMALITY (filly, 2 starts, 2 wins): “Her form going into it is impeccable. She has shown she can race forward in her two runs so far and she can settle.”
* TULIP (filly, 2 starts, 1 win, 1 second): “I’ve got great respect for her. She was beaten last start but it’s been a long time between runs and she’s been tuned up. She’s got a great barrier.”
* WAIT FOR NO ONE (colt, 4 starts, 1 win, 2 placings): “He was only beaten three-quarters-of-a-length last start and in a normal year I’d be very happy with him going into the race.”
* MURAAHIB (colt, 2 starts, 2 wins): “He’s been working better than Eshtiraak and Eshtiraak has won his last three. He’ll run well but has a poor gate and will be giving a big start.”
* WILL’S BID (colt, 2 starts, 1 win): “He’s a really good colt for the future and will be a horse to follow out of the race.”No tags for this post.