The Doomben race meeting remains in limbo ahead of track inspections of the waterlogged surface.
Doomben received about 150mm of rain on Thursday and the track was saturated.
The rain cleared early on Friday and a strong wind blew across the course which is noted for its drying.
Track manager Jim Roberts and Brisbane Race Club racing manager Bart Sinclair will walk the course late on Friday morning.
“Provided there is no more rain a final decision might not be made until Saturday morning,” Sinclair said.
Stewards will also make an inspection on Friday afternoon.
“We will have a look about 2pm and see how it is recovering. Doomben does dry well but it has had a lot of rain,” chief steward Allan Reardon said.No tags for this post.