Australia's best betting sites

Doomben decision likely on race morning

A decision whether the Brisbane meeting at a rain-drenched Doomben goes ahead will depend on a race morning track inspection.

Doomben had more than 40mm of rain by Friday morning and up to another 50mm was expected by Saturday morning.

Track manager Jim Roberts said the Doomben track was holding up well.

“At this stage I wouldn’t think we would make an early call but of course that depends on the weather which we have no control over,” Roberts said.

“If it stops raining we are a chance (of racing).”

Sportsbet

Chief steward Allan Reardon said he would walk the track with Roberts late on Friday.

“It is no use getting ahead of ourselves but I would expect at this stage we will make a final decision Saturday morning,” he said.

The Gold Coast hads also had nearly 40mm of rain by Friday morning and stewards will inspect it late on Friday.

The Brisbane Race Club has a large promotion of a Girls Day Out planned for the Doomben meeting with more than 5000 people expected to attend.

The Ipswich meeting set down for Friday was postponed.

More News

All Recent News