Frankie Dettori says he’s delighted Enable will continued to race in 2020.
Frankie Dettori described himself as “absolutely buzzing” after it was announced superstar mare Enable will stay in training next year.
Dettori admitted he shed a tear after she came up just short in her attempt to win the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe for a third time, being beaten just under two lengths by Waldgeist earlier this month.
Owner Khalid Abdullah has taken the bold decision to keep Enable in training with John Gosden as a six-year-old and Dettori hopes his regular partner can have another crack at a record-breaking Arc hat-trick.
“It’s amazing news as she is the world’s favourite horse. To have one more year with my special girl is amazing,” Dettori told PA.
“The decision about keeping her in training was out of my hands, so to hear this news is fantastic.
“The other Sunday would have been the last time I would have been able to ride her, so I am glad that they have made this decision.
“I can’t wait to sit back on her again on the racetrack next year.
“I’m absolutely buzzing about this. To me she has been the horse of a lifetime and to have one more year is wonderful.
“If we can get her to the Arc again next year and try to claim that record-breaking third win in the race, it would be brilliant.”