THE KENNEDY MILE – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* The Group One $1 million handicap over 1600m is run at Flemington Racecourse on Saturday, November 3
* The Kennedy Mile was re-named and switched with the Emirates Stakes on Derby Day in 2016.
* Carbine (1890), Phar Lap (1930-31-32), Aquanita (1960 -61), Wenona Girl (1963), Storm Queen (1966), Vain (1969), Gunsynd (1971), Better Loosen Up (1990), Testa Rossa (2000) and Tears I Cry (2007) So You Think (2010)
Banner error, could not find casino id "william-hill-sport"
* Nikita Beriman was the first female jockey to win a Group One race in Victoria in the 2007 Emirates Stakes on $101 chance Tears I Cry
* Only three mares have won since 2000 – Sky Cuddle (2004), Divine Madonna (2006) and last years’ winner Shillelagh (2017).
* Lindsay Park won the race five times in a row from 1992 to 1996
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
“I would say the 59 kilos is probably the biggest threat to Hartnell. He’s going to have to be very brave to shoulder that weight and draw away but he’s in really good order and I’d love to see him run another big race again” – James Cummings on Hartnell
“If he learned to relax, which is probably a bit late to be learning now, dropped his head and let you rate him, he’d win a good race. He’s been a good money earner for the guys but he’s just one of those frustrating horses” – Corey Brown on Tom Melbourne