Run at Rosehill over 1500m, $600,000, quality handicap, fillies & mares three-years-old and over
* First run in 1973 when won by Miss Personality
* Registered race name T A D Kennedy Stakes.
* Princess Talaria (1978); Stage Hit (1980); Emancipation (1984); Bounding Away (1987); Acushla Marie (1992); Skating (1993); Assertive Lass (1997); Sunline (2000-02); Tuesday Joy (2007); Eskimo Queen (2008); Alverta (2010); Plucky Belle (2015).
* The late Max Lees trained five winners – Satin Sand (1986), Quicksilver Cindy (1991), Flitter (1995), Chlorophyll (1996) and Shindig (1998).
* His son Kris will be aiming for his first win with Danish Twist.
* Gai Waterhouse, who now trains in partnership with Adrian Bott, will try to equal the record with Global Glamour. Her past winners are Assertive Lass (1997), Bollinger (2003), Shamekha (2004) and Tuesday Joy (2007).
* Ron Quinton has won the race twice with Ofcourseican ( 2012) and Peeping (2016). He has Dixie Blossoms and Daysee Doom this year.
* Kathy O’Hara became the first female rider to win the race on Ofcourseican. O’Hara rides Single Gaze this year.
WHAT THE KEY PLAYERS ARE SAYING:
* “We thought while we’re here why not have another go at a Group One?”- NZ filly La Bella Diosa’s co-trainer Mandy Brown.
“It’s far from ideal but it’s a good long run down the Rosehill straight. You could turn it into a positive, give her a bit of room and see how she finishes off” – Omei Sword’s trainer Chris Waller on her outside barrier.
* It’s a good race but she never runs a bad race and she deserves a crack at this. She’ll run well” – Silent Sedition’s trainer Andrew Noblet.
* She’s done everything right going in to the race” – Global Glamour’s co-trainer Adrian Bott.No tags for this post.